You’ve set prices as high as possible, pushed hard to maximize sales and aggressively reduced costs. Yet, despite those efforts, do you still KNOW that your company could be and should be performing better in one or more areas?
Did you know:
- The top 10% of sales people in your industry sell twice as much as average sales people in your industry.1
- “A” player employees produce 4 times more of a return on investment to your company than “C” players.2
- “C” players look and behave like “A” players in the interview process – making it more likely you’ll hire “C” players.
- While every employee is unique, employee performance issues are not unique to each employee. Human behavior is highly predictable.3,4,5,6,7
- While company culture is still often relegated to the same category as ropes courses, singing Kumbaya and group hugs, there are 5 key culture metrics that drive 14-17% higher financial performance.8
Because human behavior is highly predictable, I already know what you might be thinking:
- “Those results are possible for some companies, but not us.”
- “We’ve tried improving results before and it didn’t work.”
- “I don’t know if I have the energy for a huge change effort.”
- “I don’t want to screw up “good” in order to take a chance on “great.”
Do you remember the Moneyball true story? In 2002, the Oakland A’s, with a payroll 1/3 the size of other teams, outperformed most other teams in baseball. And, they continued do so for many years.
How did they do it? Two steps. First, they overcame their status quo thinking (see list above). Second, they turned over enough rocks until they found statistics that were far more predictive of winning baseball games than batting average and RBI’s.9
It took other teams 5 years to figure out what the A’s were doing and copy it. How would you like a 5-year head start over your competitors?
Here’s your chance. Equip your company to achieve the results you know, down to your toes, that your company is capable of achieving. Use specific, proven and overlooked insights, like those listed above, from the science of predictable human behavior to systematically hire and build more “A” players – while leaving the “C” players for your competitors.
The science of human behavior holds the secrets to tools that are far more predictive of on the job performance than the tools most companies are using today.
Companies that apply these more predictive tools outperform their competitors and improve operational and financial performance…sometimes dramatically.
What areas of your company could be and should be achieving better results?
- Goleman, D. (2006). Working with emotional intelligence. New York: Bantam Books.
- O’Boyle, E., Jr., & AGUINIS, H. (2012). The Best and the Rest: Revisiting the Norm of Normality of Individual Performance. Personnel Psychology,65(1), 79-119.
- McGregor, D. The Human Side of Enterprise. New York, NY. McGraw-Hill (1960).
- Duhigg, C. (2012). The power of habit: Why we do what we do in life and business. New York: Random House.
- Sturm, R. R. (2013). Market Efficiency and Technical Analysis Can they Coexist?Research in Applied Economics, 5(3), 1.
- Guidotti, R., Coscia, M., Pedreschi, D., & Pennacchioli, D. (2015, October). Behavioral entropy and profitability in retail. InData Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA), 2015. 36678 2015. IEEE International Conference on(pp. 1-10). IEEE.
- Williams, D., Burrell, D. N., & Lu, S. (2013, Spring). Employee Engagement Management Approaches Versus Command and Control Management Approaches for Millennials Employees in Public health and Safety Organizations. Journal of Knowledge & Human Resource Management,5(11), 102-113. Retrieved July 1, 2016
- Connecting Organizational Culture to Performance. (2013). Human Capital Institute; research conducted for P.S. Culture Matters
- Lewis, M. (2013). Moneyball: The art of winning an unfair game. New York: W.W. Norton.
- Do you KNOW that your company could be and should be performing better in one or more areas? - August 18, 2018
- Interviewing & Hiring – There is a better way! - July 14, 2018
- Mystery Solved – Improving Company Performance Using a One Sentence Story - July 13, 2018
- How to Use Innovation to Improve Your Company’s Operational Performance - June 29, 2018
- What I Know And Why I Do What I Do - June 25, 2018
- Weekly Insights: Employee Performance, Interviewing and Sales Team Performance - June 22, 2018
- 3 Reasons You Might Want Us to Get Acquainted - June 21, 2018
- Equip Your Team to Deliver Record-Setting Performance - June 16, 2018
- Every List of “Top 10” Leadership Skills is Missing a Key Skill - June 9, 2018
- Make 1+1 = 6 at Your Company - June 9, 2018