Interviewing & Hiring – Spend less and get better results!
- Use more effective recruiting practices
- Improve the candidate evaluation process during each interview
- Evaluate candidates using factors far more predictive of on the job performance
- Avoid hiring the best of what’s available
- Avoid expensive hiring mistakes
- Hire peak performers instead of average performers
- Reduce employee turnover
- Spend less than using outside recruiters and get better results
- There is a better way
The organizational performance of your company depends on hiring people who will excel at doing the work you hired them to do.
The challenge is that the interviewing process is dysfunctional on both sides of the desk.
Candidates arrive at interviews with well-rehearsed and perfect answers to every possible question you might ask. Your role may not be a good fit for them, but every person wants to be wanted.
Some candidates think they want to do the job you have available, but are not a match. Some candidates are in desperate financial circumstances or know they are about to be fired so they eagerly want the next opportunity that comes along.
Business leaders are often frustrated with the interview process. Some argue that they should just flip a coin.
When it comes right down to it, business leaders don’t feel confident that they can accurately assess whether a candidate will deliver the results they promised during the interview.
This is why most hiring decisions are based on affinity and/or the urgent need to fill a position.
An Innovative Process
We shared your frustration about the process and we were determined to figure out a better way.
We created a behavioral interview framework, based on the science of human behavior. It uses the factors most predictive of on the job performance in each situation.
We’re glad to teach you our process, but if you want to improve results immediately, let us help you. It’s up to you. In either case, we’ll bring our expertise and experience with more than 2,000 behavioral interviews and help you improve hiring and avoid costly hiring mistakes.
- Start by asking you questions about what “on the job success” looks like in the role, understanding who else this person will be working with and the culture of your company.
- Create an Ideal Candidate Profile (ICP). Describe the role in factors that are highly predictive of on the job performance. If you don’t know where to start, we have some suggestions.
- From the ICP, create proposed job postings, a job description and interview questions.
- If we do the in-person interviews they are approximately 75 minutes long. Whether the person is a fit for the position or not, we leave them wanting to work for your company.
- If we interview a candidate we write a 2-4 page report comparing each candidate to the Ideal Candidate Profile. Comparing the candidate to the ICP is essential to making the process as objective as possible.
We’ve completed more than 2,000 behavioral interviews for our clients. Our expertise includes two models of behavioral interviewing, conversational interviewing, facial expressions and non-verbal behavior.
Our guarantee is that we will tell you in our 2-4 page report what you will know about the job candidate six months after you hire him/her.
One of our clients (a CEO) offered this testimonial: “Before working with Jim, I was 1 for 9 in hiring the right people. After letting Jim help us, we are 4 for 4 – and all 4 “new” employees are still performing well (1-3 years on the job).”
How are we different?
In addition to our behavioral interviewing expertise we are unique in three ways:
- We sit on your side of the desk and help you find the right person for the job. We are not pushing candidates on you hoping you will hire one of our candidates.
- Some companies agree to do 3 interviews and, if you need more, you pay more. We are on the project until the right person is hired. If that means more interviews, no problem and no additional charge.
- We have a unique process to source the best candidates for the position that brings candidates directly to the company and not through search firms.
You will find that our process, tailored to each role, is a streamlined and efficient process and costs less than what you would pay an outside contingency recruiter.
Interested in learning more?
Contact us to discuss how we can help you systematically recruit more home run hitters to your company. Email our Founder and CEO, Jim Connolly at email@example.com to set up a time to talk about your recruiting and hiring challenges (no-cost and no-obligation).
OrgEx – Improving Organizational Performance Using the Science of Human Behavior
- Organizational Performance Secrets Hidden in Plain Sight - October 5, 2018
- Do you KNOW that your company could be and should be performing better in one or more areas? - August 18, 2018
- Interviewing & Hiring – There is a better way! - July 14, 2018
- Mystery Solved – Improving Company Performance Using a One Sentence Story - July 13, 2018
- How to Use Innovation to Improve Your Company’s Operational Performance - June 29, 2018
- What I Know And Why I Do What I Do - June 25, 2018
- Weekly Insights: Employee Performance, Interviewing and Sales Team Performance - June 22, 2018
- 3 Reasons You Might Want Us to Get Acquainted - June 21, 2018
- Equip Your Team to Deliver Record-Setting Performance - June 16, 2018
- Every List of “Top 10” Leadership Skills is Missing a Key Skill - June 9, 2018